[identity profile] moonbeamdancer.livejournal.com posting in [community profile] debriel_mini
I'm sure that you all know about LJ's plan to make our friend's pages more like Tumblr. I just wanted to remind everyone that we do have a mirror site over at DW, it's under the same name as this one, and has now been totally backed up. If you have an account over there, please feel free to add us over there. If/When(?) the page change becomes permanent, how many of you would be interested in moving the community over there? It's not going to happen like RIGHT NOW, I'm just curious as to what others think.

Date: 2012-10-31 04:37 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] saeadame.livejournal.com
Not an author, just a reader, but I personally don't care either way - I don't use the friend page, I just track communities I care about anyway, and I can do that on DW too. DW is fine, LJ is fine.

Date: 2012-10-31 06:16 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] natt.livejournal.com
I'm glad you address this. The changes to come are horrible and will leave LJ more or less useless for fandom purposes. Since most of SPN fandom seems to go on here @ LJ, it will have an impact. Hopefully the SPN mods and comms all migrate to DW so fandom won't be split up too much.

There is of course the slight chance that the new "improved" friends page won't happen, but I doubt it.

Date: 2012-10-31 06:29 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] natt.livejournal.com
You are so right about that! I was here when most of HP fandom migrated to IJ during JournalGate in 2007, and it helped a lot that most of the big-comm mods planned and talked about the move so most of us took our comms there. Unfortunately there is very little HP fandom left now, but... *shrugs*

Backing up at DW seems to be a grand idea; who knows when LJ coding makes it impossible? Wouldn't put it beneath them to fuck things up. Again.

Date: 2012-10-31 11:36 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sarkywoman.livejournal.com
I actually backed up my journal to DW yesterday and I'm planning to start shifting over there at the end of this year.

Aaaaand apparently the paid account trial doesn't let me use all my icons so I have no SPN ones to comment with. Fantastic.

Fuck LJ. Without lube.

Profile

debriel_mini: (Default)
Debriel: A Comunity for the pairing Dean/Gabriel

October 2020

S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
2526272829 3031

Links

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 08:58 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios