General Frequently Asked Questions:
1) What is a bigbang?
A bigbang is a mini novella, around 10k or 20k (though, some are 40k-100k!), written for bandom, or a fandom (tv, movie, book...ect) or Original Novels. Writers, artists and mixers all sign up to have their work completed by specified dates. Authors start first, finish a rough draft, and then artists choose the summary, on the day they are posted, and create art for it. (The rules for specific on Author and Artists will be posted on the sign up posts).
Examples of other bigbangs:
spn_j2_bigbang,
gabriel_bigbang and
sassy_minibang. Though there are many, many others hosted both on LiveJournal and Dreamwidth.
2) What is the theme of this particular bigbang?
Dean Winchester and the arch angel/pagan god Gabriel/Loki from the tv show Supernatural.
3) Who is running the show?
moonbeamdancer and
scyllaya are the ones who thought this mini bang up. We love the pairing of Dean and Gabriel and thought they needed more love. We are also your moderators.
4) What are the ways to contact you?
PM either one of us through Livejournal
Our e-mail: debrielminimods@yahoo.com
Our twitter feeds:
scyllaya: @Scyllaya
moonbeamdancer: @Cynicalkittie
5) Will you be archiving the Big Bang submissions anywhere?
There will be a Masterlist complied at the end of the challenge. Other than that, no additional archiving will be done.
6) What happens if I miss a deadline?
Unless otherwise stated, all deadlines are set in stone. As of now the time zone set for deadlines, is the US Central timezone. You won't be dropped from the mini bang as long as you met the deadline by midnight of that timezone.
Author FAQ:
1) What is the minimum word count?
The minimum word count is anywhere between 5,000 to 10,000 words. There is no upper limit, so once you've hit 5k or 10k, feel free to write to your heart's content.
2) Can I sign up to be an artist and an author?
No, it's one or the other. The only way an author can also be an artist, is if another artist drops out.
3) Can I write an AU, crossover, fusion or RPF fic?
Yes, as long as you have Dean and Gabriel as the main attraction in your AU or crossover. RPF of Jensen and Richard is allowed only if it's done in a "French Mistake" sort of way.
4) If I finish it, can I submit a WIP I've been posting in my journal?
Works in Progress are fine, but if you're doing that, you have to stop posting it and save it for your posting date. The WIP also needs to be a new story, no sequels to a pervious story.
5) Can an author turn in more than one story?
Yes, an author may sign up to write two stories. But if you're going to do so, please make sure that you can finish them both.
6) Can I give my artist direction on the art?
If there's something specific that you want for your story, talk about it with your artist. Just as an author is in charge of what happens in their story, an artist is in charge of what happens in their art. The point is to work together to make the best story and art that you can.
For example if you've put together a soundtrack for your fic and want art for it, talk to your artist and see what you can come up with. Artists can say no, but asking never hurt.
7) I’d rather f-lock my big bang story. Can I?
No. The point is to share your stories. They must be posted unlocked and remain so for the masterlist.
8) Am I required to use one of the cheerleaders/betas from the sign-ups here?
No. If you have your own, that's fine with us, but if you don't or want to try someone new, that's what the sign ups are for.
Artist FAQ:
1) Can an artist do more than one piece of art?
An artist can do as many pieces of art for their story as they want.
2) Is there a size limit on art?
No, as long as it meets the minimum requirements and you can host it on your livejournal or website, there is no limit. Depeneding on how big your art is, you'll need to put it behind a cut and provide a smaller image before the cut.
3) I'm not going to be able to complete my art in time. What do I do?
Contact the mods as soon as you realise that you cannot complete the requirements, so we can assign a pinch-hitter.
All the rules and requirements can be found on the sign ups post. If you have a question, comment, concern and it hasn't been addressed here, please contact a mod or leave a comment on this post. Thanks!
1) What is a bigbang?
A bigbang is a mini novella, around 10k or 20k (though, some are 40k-100k!), written for bandom, or a fandom (tv, movie, book...ect) or Original Novels. Writers, artists and mixers all sign up to have their work completed by specified dates. Authors start first, finish a rough draft, and then artists choose the summary, on the day they are posted, and create art for it. (The rules for specific on Author and Artists will be posted on the sign up posts).
Examples of other bigbangs:
2) What is the theme of this particular bigbang?
Dean Winchester and the arch angel/pagan god Gabriel/Loki from the tv show Supernatural.
3) Who is running the show?
4) What are the ways to contact you?
PM either one of us through Livejournal
Our e-mail: debrielminimods@yahoo.com
Our twitter feeds:
5) Will you be archiving the Big Bang submissions anywhere?
There will be a Masterlist complied at the end of the challenge. Other than that, no additional archiving will be done.
6) What happens if I miss a deadline?
Unless otherwise stated, all deadlines are set in stone. As of now the time zone set for deadlines, is the US Central timezone. You won't be dropped from the mini bang as long as you met the deadline by midnight of that timezone.
Author FAQ:
1) What is the minimum word count?
The minimum word count is anywhere between 5,000 to 10,000 words. There is no upper limit, so once you've hit 5k or 10k, feel free to write to your heart's content.
2) Can I sign up to be an artist and an author?
No, it's one or the other. The only way an author can also be an artist, is if another artist drops out.
3) Can I write an AU, crossover, fusion or RPF fic?
Yes, as long as you have Dean and Gabriel as the main attraction in your AU or crossover. RPF of Jensen and Richard is allowed only if it's done in a "French Mistake" sort of way.
4) If I finish it, can I submit a WIP I've been posting in my journal?
Works in Progress are fine, but if you're doing that, you have to stop posting it and save it for your posting date. The WIP also needs to be a new story, no sequels to a pervious story.
5) Can an author turn in more than one story?
Yes, an author may sign up to write two stories. But if you're going to do so, please make sure that you can finish them both.
6) Can I give my artist direction on the art?
If there's something specific that you want for your story, talk about it with your artist. Just as an author is in charge of what happens in their story, an artist is in charge of what happens in their art. The point is to work together to make the best story and art that you can.
For example if you've put together a soundtrack for your fic and want art for it, talk to your artist and see what you can come up with. Artists can say no, but asking never hurt.
7) I’d rather f-lock my big bang story. Can I?
No. The point is to share your stories. They must be posted unlocked and remain so for the masterlist.
8) Am I required to use one of the cheerleaders/betas from the sign-ups here?
No. If you have your own, that's fine with us, but if you don't or want to try someone new, that's what the sign ups are for.
Artist FAQ:
1) Can an artist do more than one piece of art?
An artist can do as many pieces of art for their story as they want.
2) Is there a size limit on art?
No, as long as it meets the minimum requirements and you can host it on your livejournal or website, there is no limit. Depeneding on how big your art is, you'll need to put it behind a cut and provide a smaller image before the cut.
3) I'm not going to be able to complete my art in time. What do I do?
Contact the mods as soon as you realise that you cannot complete the requirements, so we can assign a pinch-hitter.
All the rules and requirements can be found on the sign ups post. If you have a question, comment, concern and it hasn't been addressed here, please contact a mod or leave a comment on this post. Thanks!
no subject
Date: 2012-02-02 03:25 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-02-02 05:31 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-02-02 06:18 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-02-02 06:34 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-03-20 10:20 pm (UTC)(If there isn't I'll just go trawling for bunnies elsewhere on lj, I'm sure I can find one, it'd just be nice to be specific.)
Thanks!
no subject
Date: 2012-03-21 07:06 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-03-21 11:11 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-04-03 09:20 pm (UTC)Edit: OTL, I somehow missed the post the first time around...
no subject
Date: 2012-03-27 04:56 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-03-27 10:39 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-04-02 05:01 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2012-05-07 05:08 pm (UTC)